- In an ever-changing and fast-paced corporate world, training and development is an indispensable function
- It allows employees to acquire new skills, sharpen existing ones perform better, increase productivity and be better leaders
- A company is a sum of what employees achieve individually hence it is important for an organization to ensure that employees perform at their peak.
- Industrial Relations is the relationship between the employer and the employees where there is an exchange of trades, the employee provides labor in return for remuneration and the employer provides remuneration in return for labor and the end result must be high productivity and profits.
- This can only be achieved if there are good industrial relations which in turn leads to industrial peace and harmony and this has a positive impact on the company’s productivity and profitability
- It is important for managers to give intensive guidance to employees about the required standards of conduct and performance levels within the undertaking
- The disciplinary procedure fits into the interface between conditions of employment and results on the other hand and between performance and performance measurement on the other hand
- Discipline is used to regulate the employment relationship in a fair and adequate way, it promotes the perception amongst employees that justice is not only done but is seen to be done and the reward is great respect and trust in the disciplinary procedure and the enterprise
- Embracing Technology as a way of doing business is encouraged for both employers and workers, making use of virtual platforms facilitates ease of doing business in the environment where physical meetings can be interrupted especially with the coming in of the global pandemic COVID -19.
Industrial Relations Regulatory Bodies Are:
NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT COUNCILS
EMPLOYERS & WORKERS ORGANISATIONS (T.U)